Maremma is bathed by a clear sea that makes the coastline among the cleanest in Italy, as well as among the most fascinating thanks to the coast that opens in small isolated coves or long stretches of sandy beaches providing lush pine forests or wilderness areas protect all comforts.
The Gulf of Follonica includes beaches like Torre Mozza, Cala Martina, Cala Violina and Punta Ala, after which it goes to the coasts of Castiglione and Marina di Grosseto. Ideal for those who love contact with nature and the sea, without giving up the comforts such as bars,
restaurants and beach clubs.
Choosing La Cianella for your holiday sea in Maremma, you can reach easily and in a few minutes some of the most beautiful beaches of Tuscany:
- Beach Puntone Scarlino, very suitable for families with children. A small section has recently become the “Turtle Beach” because in October 2013 there was a nesting of sea turtle “Caretta Caretta”.
- Cala Felice, on the southern side of the Port of Scarlino, with a small and exclusive beach club and restaurant.
- Cala Martina, pebble beach that can be reached only on foot or by bicycle
- Cala Violina, our favorite, located between Follonica and Punta Ala, within the Nature Reserve of Bandite of Scarlino. White and awarded among the most beautiful beaches of Italy, has a sand so fine as to produce a kind of “violin playing” by walking.
- Torre Mozza: The sea nearby is very unique in that there are two deep water caused by a Roman road that emerges from the water surface to about ten meters from the coast. This causes a real “natural pool” effect
- The coast of Punta Ala consists of a tiny beach to the left of the harbor and a beautiful long sandy beach more than 5 kilometers sheltered by the pine forest where you can enjoy sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing.
- Castiglione della Pescaia has a sandy beach with shallow waters that starts at the foot of the castle and continues until the Bay of Rocchette where you will find a nice backdrop for snorkeling.
- Marina di Grosseto: long and wide with bathing and beach that continuously comes up to Castiglione. The beach is bordered by a lush pine forest.
Contact us for more information!