With a growing success of critics and audiences, Grey Cat is one of the most popular jazz festival in Italy, a meeting between the leaders of the jazz national and international scene and promising young talent.
The 32nd edition of the Grey Cat Jazz Festival offers a rich and articulated program including the Michele Petrucciani tribute devised by Stefano “Cocco” Cantini, Festival artistic director, that represents a strong identity of the event.
Starting from August 2nd, with a concert of Paolo Fresu and its Devil Quartet at Scarlino Castle, Gray Cat will keep Maremma company for the next few weeks:
– on Wednesday, August 8th at Parco di Pietra / Cava di Roselle Grosseto Israeli singer Noa will perform Noapolis, dedicated to Naples and the immortal music
– on Thursday, August 9th at the Follonica Piazza a Mare Fantomatik Orchestra will present Back in brass
– on Saturday, August 11th Gavorrano host Gatti Mezzi and Matti Giuncaie
– on Sunday, August 12th at the Follonica Teatro delle Ferriere will perform Tania Maria, a model in fusing jazz with Latin music
– on Wednesday, August 15th Fabrizio Bosso will perform at Scarlino Castle with “Spiritual” and his Hammond organ
– on Thursday, August 16th will be the turn of the young Swiss guitarist Sandro Schneebeli at Parco Fonte di Vandro di Sassofortino
– on Saturday, 18th August in Piazza Garibaldi in Massa Marittima will perform Stefano “Cocco” Cantini with the project “Living Coltrane” while actress Daniela Morozzi will attend with texts chosen for the occasion
– on Sunday, August 19th at Piazza Giovanni Paolo II a Orbetello Antonello Salis will be the star of “Giornale di Bordo”
– on Thursday, August 23th at Grosseto Cassero Senese Barbara Casino will propose the Caxanga quartet dedicated to Milton Nascimento
–on Friday, August 24th theFollonica East Beach will be the scene of the guitar duo Luigi Tessarolle and Taufic
There will be also a photo exhibition dedicated to the Grey Cat concerts and workshops in Massa Marittima taught by teachers such as Stefano “Cocco” Cantini, Ares Tavolazzi Piero Borri, Francis Maccianti.
Check the room availability of La Cianella and let you be affected by the energy of Grey Cat Jazz Festival!